Sunday, September 7, 2008

Class was great and I love you all!!!!!!!!

I found class on Friday to be representative of the reason why I applied for this learning community.  I do not think that class on Friday was unsuccessful or that it lacked purpose, because we had a really interesting simulation that is applicable to real world situations.  In the international community, there are rogue states, and threats, and alliances.  Sure it was fun, but I thought that we did represent some of the more fascinating aspects of international relations.  Did we get a lot done in the ways of our “serious discussion”?  Perhaps not, but why was that?  How does the world get things done with all the chaos of rogue states, threats, and alliances?  I think that we proved how difficult relations between nations are by having difficulties in carrying out a serious discussion.  We did not have that “serious discussion” that perhaps most were looking for, but I learn best by seeing the concepts in motion and I did learn a lot in class. 

I think most people thought that class was not as intellectually stimulating as other classes that we have had, but I hope that upon reading my post, you may see otherwise.  Also, since most people have been blogging about LC love, I would like to mention that you are all wonderful, beautiful people and I am so glad that we are all in this class together.  

2 comments:

B.A. Baracus said...

Good point. I think people tend to assume that international politics are perfectly well-oiled, and that the conflicts between states are over substantial issues (ie resources) or at least symbolic/ideological ones. But in reality, even having a productive discussion can probably present organizational, logistical, and interpersonal problems.

B.A. Baracus said...

p.s. I agree that I am a wonderful, beautiful person. Thank you.